The Peterson Family

Monday, November 10, 2008

Changes



Braylon and I are at a local coffee shop in Minneapolis. One of the things I really like about Minneapolis is the plethora of independent coffee shops. The weather is getting cold and he is snuggled into a full body frog suit... it is adorable! He has been smiling a ton lately and loves to lay on the floor and kick.. I think a soccer career could be in his future. 
I added a couple more pics and will continue to do so periodically. 
 Today I accepted a job teaching 6th grade at Hope Academy. This was a very difficult decision... but after lots of pray and talks with Mike I decided to step forward in faith and take it. I will be teaching everyday from about 12 to 4... so the hours are great. When I am there I will be teaching the whole time, therefore I will be planning all of my lessons from home, which allows me to spend more time with my little man and my big man. It is a christian school that serves primarily low income families from the neighborhood. I am excited to start teaching again and am eager to love the students that the Lord will be entrusting to me during this period. Please pray for this transition that the Lord would deepen my trust in Him and that I would be selfless as I work both at the school and at home. 
 Mike is still really liking his job. He loves being a part of a team that is really working together to serve teens. HIs hours are also flexible enough that he is able to spend a good amount of time with Bray and I.  Please pray for him as he works to share God's love and hope with the teenagers in South Minneapolis. 
I am feeling very grateful for all the good, really amazing gifts, God has given us. After a month of being here, I am beginning to feel more and more at ease. Praise God. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it was so great catching up with you the other night on the phone. i miss you guys so much! the new pics of Bray are adorable. tell mike and the fam hello for me!

November 18, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home