The Peterson Family

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

We are having a lovely holiday season. busy, yes. crazy, yes. lovely, very. braylon has barely surfaced from his room since getting a couple new lego sets. he is a self proclaimed "lego master." the other day he could not find a piece…. to which I replied "can't you just use this piece?" he responded " no real lego masters never give up." alright then!
As you can tell from our pictures from christmas we have an extra boy in our family. his name is Jonah and he is two! so he basically just fits in with the rest of the gang. we know him well because him and his mom used to live upstairs in our attic. we will be doing foster care for him for at least a couple more months.
H







Having four boys in our home under the age of five is well…. exhausting! this is one of those times in life when I fully realize that I need God to help me everyday. I mean I always need God everyday, but sometimes when things get routine or too comfortable I forget how much I need him.  right now I am very aware of how much I need him, because if I try to do things "on my own" I am easily irritated, impatient and too worried. when i let Him give me perspective I realize how truly blessed I am to be able to spend time with these four little guys, laughing, playing, reading, being silly and cuddling….and I start to relax a little. i am not going to lie….getting rid of my perspective and instead having God's perspective is hard, and is a daily, no hourly, struggle. but when I get it, when I see His love and grace through the eyes of these boys, ahhhh I am blown away by just how good He is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home