The Peterson Family

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to life, back to reality

Tomorrow I go back to work after 2 weeks off. Giving that I had only worked three weeks prior to these two weeks off, this is a tough transition, knowing that this time I am going to work for AWHILE. I can't lie I am a little, ok a lot, reluctant to go back. I just don't know if I have the same motivation and determination to teach that I used to have. I am praying for the Lord to revive me, that I may be on fire to do His work. To teach, love and discipline the through HIs strength and not my own. 
Today in church... the church we have been going to is called Christ Church International... the pastor talked about renewal. It really hit home for me. I need a renewal in my relationship with God. He talked about how the painting on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel has needed to be renovated several times and every time it is renovated it is brighter and more vibrant. He related this to our relationships with God. I need a renovation so that my faith can be brighter and more vibrant. However he noted that this takes an effort and motivation on our part. God always wants to revive us, but we have to want to desperately want it and put forth the effort. For me that means being more intentional about spending time with God in the mornings, being more prayful throughout my day and seeking out opportunities to worship and study with other believers. 
Bray is at Grandmas tonight so we are having a quiet night.. But I would like it better if he were here. However I am so thankful for all the help we get from our families and I know he is good hands.... that makes it easier to go back to work! Peace for now! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home