The Peterson Family

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Peace

" Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

In my bible commentary, this kind of peace is described as " total well being and inner rest of spirit." Oh, if I could understand this peace more each day. That is my prayer. I want the kind of peace the world can not offer, the kind of peace the Christ child brought into the world. The kind of peace that after a hard day, I can say, external circumstances can not touch the life of peace I have with Jesus.

Peace, peace, and more peace. With this joyful, busy and crazy adventure we are on right now, I am calling out to my Father to pour his peace into my heart afresh. Parenting four little boys certainly may not look peaceful from the outside. In fact, lots of the time it feels downright chaotic, but He offers peace in the midst of the chaos. That kind of peace can help us embrace the chaos, appreciate the chaos even, and, most importantly, marvel that He has entrusted us with the privelage of parenting these little guys.

2014 has been filled with basketball hoops, ninjas, potty training, car pooling, super heroes, race cars, rainbow loom makers, LEGOS, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ( store bought ones since I am too lazy to make them), play dates, sledding, brotherly quarrels, brotherly love,  swimming, diapers, chapter books, candy, wrestling, sleepovers at grandma and grandpas, and a million things I am forgetting. Chaos, YES! Peaceful, by God's grace, YES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home