The Peterson Family

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ready or not...Off to school

Braylon turned six and is officially a Kindergartner at Hope Academy. I have so many mixed emotions about this. I am so excited for him to learn new things and grow up and seeing him in his classroom is so sweet. BUT, I am not really ready for him to be gone from the nest so much! I want more time with him at home and I can't believe he has grown up so fast. So that is my tender heart on the issue.
Since this is not all about me, it is important to note that Bray is enjoying being a student and is making lots of new friends. When I asked him what his favorite thing about school is, he said "I like to do fun things and I love recess!" Thats our active and social boy. He was very excited though to learn that he gets Saturday and Sunday off of school. He also asked if he has to go to school for the winter or if he gets the winter months off. It is exhausting being a kindergartner!
I have gone back to work three full days a week and am enjoying teaching middle school and high school English classes. Although I definitely forgot how much work and energy goes into classroom teaching. I am calling upon the Lord everyday to give me favor with the students and fresh ideas and love for them. It really is an honor to be able to teach and I am thankful for the opportunity.
William starts preschool this week and Silas is becoming more and more social and independent everyday. Although I am a bit sad to not have Bray around on my days off, I am really enjoying some more concentrated time with Will and Si. William loves to be home and is so content to color and do arts and crafts all day. He says he wants to be an artist or a cook when he grows up. On the other hand Silas is not as content to be home and wants to be going places and seeing people; he says hi to every person we see when we are out.





I watching all these little guys' personalities develop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home