The Peterson Family

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Mine debacle

Something had to be done. Too many times a day, I hear "That's MINE." Given that the boys are between the ages of 4 and 8, I feel like we should be beyond this. But alas, we are not.
So in a moment of frustration I lamented. "No matter how many times I tell you to stop saying 'mine' you continue. Gang, we need a plan."
I thought of a brilliant plan, but Silas outsmarted me and came up with a HILARIOUS variation of this plan. The original (brilliant) plan was as follows: if you say "mine" you will need to grab one of your toys and give them to yours truly.
As I continued to mull over this plan, I decided it would be fun to create a "mine box." In my teacher tone, I continued to explain to my charges that the confiscated toys would be placed in a toy box and donated.
This is where Silas interrupted me. "The kid should go in the box!"
Wait a second. We all busted out laughing. So instead of the toys going in the box, the greedy child goes in the box for a time out. We negotiated the length of time the offender should stay in the box- Jonah thought one hour and I said ten minutes. We settled on ten.
Note: Braylon was not assigned the "Mine Box" he was merely trying it out.
Note 2: If trying out this tactic at home, you should add a qualifier. Telling on the greedy "mine" offending child is not allowed. Only if the parent overhear the guilty words is the box assigned.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home